Introduction to R
For using R, we need to first install R program on our computer.
Install R on the basis of your operating system requirements
Visit - https://cran.r-project.org/ and Install R on the basis of your operating system requirements
For Windows users:
1. Click on https://cran.r-project.org/ and click on “Download R For windows” and then inside base , click on “install R for the first time” and then download the exe from “Download R 3.x.x for Windows”
2. Double click the Downloaded file and it will show the below window -
5. Please click on Run button to run the program . Below window appears -
6. Click on your preferred language and then click on OK button.
8. Click on Next button to move ahead.
9. It shows the details of GNU license of R. Click on Next button .
10. By Default download setup for both 32 bit and 64 bit operating system will be clicked.
But If you are using 64-bit operating system . Then you can clear selection for 32-bit Files option as-
Then click on Next button.
11. Then it asks for Startup options , click on Next button .
12. Then it shows Select start menu folder at the top . Click Next again.
13. It opens Select Additional Tasks window and click on Next .
14. Then it shows :
15. Then click on Finish .
You can check out R program icon on your desktop or you can click on Start button at the bottom loft of your computer screen and then choose All Programs and select R folder and click on R( or R X.X.X , where X.X.X is version of R eg. 3.4.1).
By double clicking on R x64 icon , it looks like -
You have successfully installed R and load R program.
For Mac OSX users:
1. Download R from following link - R
2. Open R-X.X.X.pkg(X.X.X like 3.4.1.pkg) file in Downloads folder by double click.
3. It opens Welcome to the R X.X.X for Mac OS X 10.6 or higher window. Click on Continue .
4. Then it opens Important Information window . Click on Continue .
5. Then ,it opens software license agreement . Click on Agree.
6. It opens Select a Destination window. Click on Install for all users of this computer and click Continue again.
7.It opens Standard Install on "Macintosh HD" window and click on Install. It will ask your computer Name and Password. Please enter your password for security. Then , click on Install Software button.
8. It opens The Installation was complete successfully window. Click on Close .
We have installed R successfully.
For open R software -
Go to Launchpad in desktop icon tray and double click on R icon . It will launch R Console.
For Linux users:
1. Open Terminal
2. Type "sudo su -" in terminal
3. Enter password for user to open root terminal.
4. Type "sudo apt-get update" and press Enter
4. Type "apt -get install r-base " and press Enter
5. Then it will ask "Do you want to continue?[Y/n]" , type "y" and press Enter
6. It will take some time to install R . Then type "R" to load it.
R is installed and ready to use.
Contact at TJT@TechnicalJockey.com , if you are looking for an Instructor Based Online Training !
Reach out to us if you are looking for Corporate Training to Build The Next Generation Analytical Workforce with an in-depth understanding of Exploratory Data Analysis , Data Visualisation, Data Analytics , AI First , Machine Learning & Deep Learning Training & Consulting helping them to take Data Informed Decision at each stage of the business.
We understand that At the present times , the Entire Industry is in a Tranformation stage with the Softwares being rebuilt with Artificial Intelligence Capabilities .
We need SMART WORKFORCE for the SMART SOFTWARES to reap the maximum return .
Whatsapp at +91-9953805788 or email at - email@example.com if you would like to know more .