Due to all the Buzz around Analytics , Many professionals from different domain want to shift to analytics . So Whenever i go for a Corporate Tableau Training , the most common question is this . And
My answer to them is - Start Your Analytics Journey by Learning Tableau . Below are the multiple reason for this suggestion :
1) I believe the only sustainable growth is the growth that is so slow that you do not even realize that you have grown . So when you come from a Different Background you need to have it Interesting
. Too much of information without interest may scare you . Tableau as a Data Visualization Software , helps you see the valuable knowledge and Actionable Insight Hidden in your Data Quickly and
Efficiently - generating an instant interest .
2) Tableau can connect to Excel , most of the Databases , Big Data ( Hadoop / Hive ) : so if you learn Tableau , its just a matter of fact to connect to whatever database you want whether its MS SQL
Server ,Oracle ,Teradata ,Hortonworks Hive , Google Analytics , Sales Force ... . You Name it and they have it .
So from analytics purpose it drill down to having the Data in your Data base and Knowing the Tool Tableau that will help you generating insight .So If you know how to create a Waterfall chart , you
can do it on the data connected to Excel or Data hailing from Hive .
3) In Tableau when you start making charts / graphs in a fun way without even knowing you are learning the statistics which is a good thing for a new comer. Whether its Histogram, Box &
Whisker Chart , Do Nut Chart , Waterfall chart , Pareto Chart , Speedometer chart , Bullet Chart , K Means Cluster Analysis , etc. Tableau keeps the Complex Statistics within and as an end user you
are able to create a Beautiful Visualization for your Data .
4) As you continue working , you are able to appreciate the architecture , vizQl but till then you have been able to Deliver from Dashboards, You have been able to understand the questions that
Business Raises based on the Data that you have ... And in Analytics its Said , Data is the second most Important thing. The first most important thing is the "Questions"- So if you learn to Answer
Question , your Analytics Journey has begun :) .
5) As per my experience with some of my participants who learned Tableau while they were actually working in some other Technology , Tableau played a very interesting role . These guys learned
Tableau without much thinking if they will get a job in this field, how will they use it etc. they just had the instincts and so learned it and started using it during their free Time and added it to
their profile "Tableau Enthusiast"
Now this is how they got their wow moment , Knowing Tableau is "Self Service Analytics" - many Senior Managers , Leadership Team got Tableau Licence . But How much you know Tableau is tested only
when you are able to answer the Questions that the Business has . So while doing "Self Service Analytics" and struggling to get the answer to their questions they saw a person in their team who
"claims" to know "Tableau" . So this guy was called in and put up with the question , Here is the Data Set , Now (1) "Can You Tell me which all customer in the last Year were placing orders in the
First Quarter , But did not make any Order in the Second Quarter " (2) Can you Tell me How Many Users who logged in to our App to avail the First Time Order Discount but Did not Place any Order
thereafter ?...... So The guy not only got a Break in Analytics Domain ,but also started evolving as Data Analyst while trying to answer the Questions .
6) You can Integrate Tableau with Advance Analytics Platform like "Python" , "R" . If you are looking to become a Data Scientist you need to be well versed with either of the two. If you know these
"awesome" , if not , again the rule one comes, Rather than trying too many things at the first level itself while you keep using Tableau you can integrate Tableau with your "R" scripts to create some
visualization , can connect to python code doing a Sentimental Analysis and create some Visualization on the top of it using Tableau ... Just a word of caution & Disclaimer here - These are Tools
that takes a substantial time to gain expertise ,and learning Tableau no way means it will make it easier for you . The only point that i am trying to put here is for a new comer while you "pluck the
low hanging fruits" by using Tableau you also get to know about the Advance Analytics Platforms and you can gradually upgrade to these...
7) Tableau has been leading in the Gartner Magic Quadrant from past several years and If you compare from the number of jobs available in Tableau ( We can do a quick search on Job Trends in
Indeed.com or any other Job Portal ) Tableau is leading much ahead than its other competitors in Data Visualisation Domain. There is one other aspect , Tableau Consultants are highly paid in New York
/ United States / UK as compared to consultants in India so as it has been seen in the past this becomes a hot product from outsourcing perspective
There are many other subtle benefits that i will keep adding to this ..... So keep watching this space .
If you are looking for a Corporate Tableau Training in Gurgaon and want your employees to be Tableau Ready you can
either reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you
can start on your own by visiting many wonderful posts out there and can also visit my blogs at this link - https://www.technicaljockey.com/tableau-training-consultant/